As we age, it is normal to begin to be impacted by difficulties with daily activities, such as showering, getting dressed, planning and preparing meals, or even driving a vehicle. This can lead to concerns that we’ll need to give up not just our self-reliance, but our home as well. Yet there is good news for older adults: in-home home care services, such as those provided by Carolina Hearts Home Care, can actually enhance independence for aging adults and help with maintaining senior independence at home where it is most comfortable.
And the truth is, these days the majority of seniors are choosing to receive the care they need in the comfort of home. To help you better comprehend exactly what home care is, we’ve provided the following basic information on senior home care services:
- In-home care services are provided on an individual basis by a senior caregiver, leading to more personal attention than in an assisted living facility or nursing home. There is never the need to have to wait your turn when care is needed.
- A senior caregiver in the home can help promote a healthier lifestyle. Caregivers are skilled in fixing nutritious and delicious meals that are appealing to the individual and can also help monitor the amount of food consumed.
- A personalized, ongoing exercise plan can be implemented and followed through with the help of a home care expert, providing the extra safety measure of having someone on hand during exercising.
- Home care enhances dignity and independence, essential factors for a happy lifestyle. Home care (particularly private pay home care) ensures customized care specific to the needs of the family and older adult on any given day, whether the need is as straightforward as companionship, or more complex, such as help with personal care needs.
- The extra benefit of accompanied transportation to and from doctors’ appointments, social events or running errands means that families have the chance for more quality time together.
- The recent COVID-19 pandemic brought to the spotlight how hazardous senior isolation can be to both physical and emotional health. An in-home caregiver offers much-needed socialization opportunities and the chance for older adults to have a companion at the ready to avoid loneliness and depression, through interesting conversations and reminiscing, fun activities, participation in enjoyable hobbies and interests, and much more.
We welcome the opportunity to chat with you and your family more about maintaining senior independence through in-home care. If a senior you love lives in central North or South Carolina, contact us today online or at 855-277-2005 to learn more about our exceptional home health care in Raeford and nearby areas.